Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-09-12

Sunrise by Lori Woods

 


Hello creative friends! It's Lori with you today and I have a very colourful project to share!   

I love the colours of the sky at sunrise;the transformation of dark to light with such vibrant hues. I decided to try to recreate this colour scheme on my latest project. Using various elements including pieces from the new clock faces and frames moulds, I built a composition with a sun theme.



I started painting with Pumpkin Impasto in the centre followed by Poppy Red and Aubergine around the edges. I dry-brushed each colour into the next colour to create a more graduated change.  I then used Gold Rush metallique paint to dry brush over all the elements to pick out the details.


Once I was happy with the colour blends, I watered down some Jade Impasto and used this to create areas of contrast in the shadows. Metallic waxes and a little Phoenix Effect Paste were the final finishing touches.

I hope this inspires you to experiment with different colour palettes and look at the world around you for new ideas :)


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.