Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-03-21

1st 2023 quarterly challenge

Hello friends!!!

Today we are here with our third quarterly challenge - with great prizes!! The rules are very simple - you will find them below.


PRIZES:

1st winner - products worth 45EUR* + free shipping 
+ invitation to be a Guest Designer

2nd & 3rd winner - products worth 30EUR* + free shipping
+ invitation to be a Guest Designer

-*products are chosen by Mixed Media Place store

We hope you will like our new challenge. If you would have any questions, please leave us a comment below and we will answer.


THE RULES:

1. be inspired by our moodboard

1. in your text on your blog put a link to at least one product, that you have used and that is available in Mixed Media Place store (for IG/FB entries, just mention the name of the product)


HOW TO ENTER:

1. add a link to your project using the inlinkz tool below

AND

2a. for blogs and FB entriesput a link to our challenge in your post

OR

2bfor IG entriestag our IG profile @mixed_media_place



As a bonus: if you publish IG stories and tag us @mixed_media_place, we will share your story on our IG stories


And here is our moodboard

We hope you'll like it and will be happy to share it on your social media too :)



And now it is time for inspiration from our team!

Here is the project I made after seeing the fresh spring look of this month's mood board.

I’m not usually a pastel colours sort of person but sometimes I like the soft shabby chic look it can give. 

And as I love to celebrate and welcome each new season, this mood board gave me the perfect excuse to get something made to welcome the spring. 


I’ve stuck with some very traditional spring symbology for new growth and fertility (nests, eggs, new growth on plants like pussy willow and pink blossom), as well as adding lots of fluttering moths made from Finnabair moulds. 


I hope the mood board inspires you to join in the challenge and make a project (or two). 

We’re looking forward to seeing what you make. 

Louise. 

Mixed Media Place supplies:





First thought, when I saw that beautiful moodboard was Easter, all those pretty colors. Think they give you that happyfeel of spring on its way.






Mixed Media Place supplies:






Greetings, friends! Julia Patrikeeva is with you.
 
My rabbit shares the spring mood)


 
Let a light breeze blow through the window, and the singing of birds will fill your room.
 And the aroma of the first timid flowers will turn your head. Spring is a wonderful time!








 
The background is complicated by texture paste through a stencil. My favourite cracks)
 
Next, I applied splashes of acrylic paint and mica powder.
 
Thank you for your attention! And I wish you inspiration and new ideas! Bye-bye!

Mixed Media Place supplies:







This is my participation in the march challenge. 
An unusual Easter egg 🥚😉








Mixed Media Place supplies:






Today's creation takes you back to nature, but in a slightly tuned form.
I think it will be a nice table or home decoration at Easter. 😊



I choose waste wood as a base, on which both mould elements and metal leaves were placed. 
I put pebbles and flatter stones in the hollows. I collected everything from the surrounding forest. 
In some places, I used waxes to highlight the wood texture.





I put polystyrene eggs on the top of the composition. I applied white gesso, and then I painted Mermail Teal metallique paint and Blue-gold opal magic paint. I splashed it with Ink Black liquid acrylic.
As a final step, I added some glitter and microbeads.






Love, 
Marietta



* * *

The challenge is open till April 22nd. Winners will be announced in the next 2 weeks.

We are waiting for your projects. Wishing you luck!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.