Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-02-20

February 2022 challenge

Hello friends,

We all need tenderness, love and delicacy. We hope you'll gonna love this month moodboard.


Our fabulous design team created projects inspired by our moodboard:



Lili in the flowers 

I love projects where I can tell a story. Therefore, as soon as I saw a dandelion on a moodboard, I knew immediately what focal point I need use. I chose a photo of my daughter, sitting in the grass among the dandelions.







How was this project created? I created the background with a stencil and icing paste, I also added white crackle paste. For sticking the cardboard, pebbles and metals I used heavy body gel. I glued art stones and micro beads using soft gel. I let it dry completely before I started adding colours. The heart in which I was planning to hide my daughter's photo, wasn’t glued at this stage. When the elements were well glued, I covered them with 2-3 layers of white gesso. I created the colours with opal magic paints and mica powders. I used mica in two ways: with the addition of water and liquid acrylic. In the next step, I used waxes and liquid acrylics. At this point, I glued the heart with the photo. At the end I added some sparkle, my daughter loves fairies so pixie paste was the obvious choice.

Mixed Media Place supplies:


Hello creative friends! Pink isn't a colour that I use a lot so I was excited to challenge myself with this months moodboard colours! I used a variety of different pinks and contrasted this with Prussian Blue, and then gave everything a good dry- brushing with gesso to create a soft and dreamy effect.




Mixed Media Place supplies:


Check out this great challenge for the month of February. Will you be as inspired as I am by the colours in our moodboard?





I loved working on this box, I used my favourite face mould and my acrylic liquids which I can't live without. And of course a little extravagance with Phoenix Effect Paste to make the winter shine.

Mixed Media Place supplies:



Hello All, you Amazing Creative People! I must say I just adore the beautiful pastel mix of color in this month's mood board. For my project I was inspired by the abstract photos. With the colors and textures, I went to work, I started with a mix of acrylic paints for my background. Next, I added a bunch of beautiful pastel flowers and finally a bit of Finn’s Effect Paste for a touch of sparkle.




I really like how this turned out! I hope you do too, I can’t wait to see how this mood board inspires all of you!

Until Next Time Hugs, Lanette

Mixed Media Place supplies:

* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!

You have time to play with us until March19th, 23:55 CEST.

Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.

Our Design Team will choose their favourite piece and its author will win a 20% discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.

The winner and features will be announced by the end of March.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for May2022!!

Have a great day!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.