Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-01-11

Uncage Your Creativity by Lori Woods

 


Hello creative friends! Happy 2022! 

I don't know about you but sometimes I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to my creative process. I second guess my colour choices and embellishment placement. I procrastinate about adding a new layer to a project in case I ruin what I've already done. But, I've decided 2022 is going to be the year when I stop thinking so much and just go with the creative flow!

The base for my project was an HDF birdcage and I started by cutting pieces out of it so that I could fit my embellishments into it and also to simulate the 'ideas' inside breaking free of the cage. After a quick coat of gesso I used white crackle paste to create lots of lovely texture and a number of the liquid acrylic paints to create lots of splashes of vibrant colour.



For the centrepiece I started with an old glass dome and tiny lightbulb and added to this using various mould pieces and mechanicals. I used the liquid acrylic paints again to provide lots of bright colour and then when everything was dry, I dry brushed the entire project with white gesso.



Finally, I used a combination of rust paste and unicorn paste over different areas of the project- the first to give the effect of the rusty old cage breaking apart and the other to show the sparkle of imagination breaking through! I have a video tutorial for you here:

 ...and I hope that it gives you some inspiration for your creative journey in 2022!

Lori

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.