Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2020-10-24

Deep Sea King by Anna Korszewska

Hi to all mixed media friends!

I decided to design a collection of candlesticks with skulls. This is the second project in this series.

The first is called the 'Queen of the Night'.

Today I present to you the 'Deep Sea King'.



The entire composition is on a large plywood panel 50x20cm.

First, I picked a very beautiful ornamental silicone mold by Prima Marketing Inc, and made some castings using some very light air hardening clay.  I let the clay dry.


I used various accessories

- a plastic skull,

- an old metal candlestick as a crown

- a rubber tire from a toy car as a ruff.



I arranged the composition and glued the molds and the skull.  I made the relief using Modeling Paste and a Finnabair stencil - Read My Letter.

Everything is  covered with Black Gesso.



I created a magical background with Art Alchemy Liquid Colors: Emerald, Deep Turquoise und Umber.




Then, I chose the waxes:  matte Patina Green, metallic Mint Sparkle, Firebird, Old Silver to touch up the texture and bringing forward the whole beauty.

I hope you like it.

Hugs, Ania.

Mixed Media Place supplies: 

1 comment:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.