Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2019-10-20

October challenge

Hello friends,

Today we would like to inspire you with our October moodboard. As you know there are all new designers on the team. Three ladies prepared projects to show you, how they were inspired by our moodboard. If you feel it speaks to you, we will be happy to see your project. Please enter using Inlinkz tool at the bottom of this blogpost.



Our design team created projects inspired by our moodboard:


I love the autumn colors most of all, so our October challenge mood board is very inspiring. My autumnal layout is made on the background of patterned paper, but I also included a lot of scraps cut out of the magazine, as well as die cuts, chipboard, handmade flowers and hand-painted leaves to reflect the richness of the season.


I used watercolors, spray ink and rust pastes to paint the scraps and flowers, as well as distress pad to retouch the edges of the main photo to make it look more vintage. Melange and glitter add interesting final touches to the multi-layered layout.






Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello Mixed Media friends!

It’s Mary with you today to share my very first post as a member of this amazingly talented team. I’m so excited and I hope I’ll give you some inspiration with my work! 


My layout inspired by October's moodboard is made in brown shades using metal flowers and leaves and some natural elements. I love autumn and its colors and textures are so inspiring.



I choose to work with a photo of the board and the Inkwell paper from the 7 Dots Studio Writer's Block collection was so perfect for my layout. Then, I used Finnabair products which are my favorites and use them all the time, like clear gesso, graphite paste, stencil, stamps and many others to complete my project. You can see all the products on my list bellow.




Thanks so much for stopping by.
Until next time happy creating!





Today it is time for my first project and I want to present you my alterscrap. I created an autumn home decor in the form of a pair of adorable pumpkins.










Amazing October Board! I was inspired by the orange-brown palette, leaves and the atmosphere of this autumn.



Inspiration to all!

Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until November 19th.
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.
Winner and features will be announced by the end of  November.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for December 2019!!

Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.