Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2019-08-21

August 2019 challenge

Hello friends,
Holidays are almost over but there are still a few days, when we can go somewhere, find a beautiful quiet place at the seaside and enjoy the blue. Soon mornings become cold and wet and all we need  then would be a bonfire that warm us up. In the meantime our families will tend to spend more time in our kitchens, where we will be baking apple-pie or preparing apple jam. Autumn has so much to offer!



Our design team created projects inspired by our moodboard:



My today’s project is a banner with August moodboard from Mixed Media Place. I created it using pieces of natural bark and hdf decorative additions. Of course, I used Finnabair products in entire project.


At the beginning I secured the base of my banner with White Gesso. Then, using Soft Gloss Gel, I glued sisal and a background of triangles with a pieces of gauze. Thanks to this, the design becomes more ‘light’. Then I added fine pieces of bark and hdf little frame with flowers. Later, I placed clay elements in several places.






For coloring I used blue and brown Impasto paints (Manor Blue and Dark Chocolate). I whitened gently the whole project with White Gesso and as a finish I added Finnabair waxes in two shades of blue (Old Denim and Blue Lagoon). You can find all these products linked below. Finally, some white and black gesso with water to create some splashes.

Hugs,
Kasia Salmanowicz

Mixed Media Place supplies:







I love the current mood board, those blues are absolutely amazing! I was inspired by the color of the sea, how those blue tones change depends on the part of the world in which you are.








Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello everyone! I love teal color, so exactly this color from our August Mood board gave me an inspiration. I made a mixed-media card. For my background I used watercolor paper and Impasto paints, some texture paste and embossing powder. I wish you to be inspired by our MMP August challenge!






Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until September 19th.
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.
Winner and features will be announced by the end of  September .

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for October 2019!!

Have a great day!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.