Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2021-01-21

January 2021 challenge

Hello friends,

January is the first month of the year. It is a new beginning. We usually hope for the best, make plans and summaries. We stay mostly in, because outside there is frost, snow and nature is taking a winter nap. We drink hot cocoa or tea, read books and decorate interiors. And we have more time for thinking things over. One great emotion, we need, is gratitude. Gratitude changes everything.


Our fabulous design team created projects inspired by our moodboard:


Hello, everybody. The New year, new hopes, new dreams, knowledge and many other interesting things are here, with you. This year we start from the new gentle Mixed Media Place moodboard. Shades of brown, pink and bright flowers...




I've made a canvas, using some tissue paper. Next, I applied a texture paste with the cracks effect, added the cardboard and wooden elements, then whitened everything with the art soil. After placing all the necessary items at the canvas, I decided to add liquid acrylic and some metallic acrylic paints.

Mixed Media Place supplies:



Hello All, You Amazing Creative Souls!

For my take on this month’s Mood Board, I focused on the soft delicate flowers. So naturally I decided to play with AB Studio’s Somewhere Collection, its stunning and full of beautiful flowers.


I started with just a bit of texture with White Sand Texture Paste and stencil. While my texture was drying, I got busy fussy cutting those beautiful flowers out. After that, my chipboard heart came together rather quickly.




I cannot wait to see what this Mood Board inspires you to create!

Until Next Time Hugs, Lanette 

Mixed Media Place supplies:



Hello friends!

I made a tag. I took the In Wonderland Collection Kit from ABstudio as a basis. I applied Gesso Clear to the paper. Then with the help of texture paste with the Phoenix effect (very beautiful paste !!!) and a stencil I made a relief.


Then acrylic paints were used, wax - that's it, the background is ready.


Then I put together the composition, added some glitter and Vintage Art Pebbles.

Mixed Media Place supplies:


Hello, mixed media lovers! I don't know about you, but I really want to plunge into the atmosphere of blooming spring! How happy I was to see such an inspiring moodboard, with flowers and a beautiful combination of pink, beige and brown colors.







I created a panel about the beautiful feeling of love. About how you're weightless, how you float when you're in love))) Therefore, the panel turned out to be gentle, light and airy.

Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!

You have time to play with us until February 19th, 23:55 CEST.

Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.

Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a 20% discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.

Winner and features will be announced by the end of  February.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for March 2021!!

Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.