Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2020-08-21

Letter K by Maria Lillepruun


Hi to all mixed media friends!

Today it is Maria Lillepruun with you with a new video. Please meet my daughter Karolina. This time I made an interior letter decoration for her bedroom. 


I bought this 3D cardstock letter "K" in a hobby shop, and decided to decorate it in a cheerful but tender style. Of course, the letter is very pink :) Karolina is a real princess, and is going through a pink phase now. Everything is pink in her room, so this decorative letter is not exception. 


First, I primed the brown cardstock with heavy white gesso, which created a nice base for the future color invasions. When the gesso layer was dry, I colored the letter with a mix of metallic paint and mica powder. Such mixture left the beautiful colored surface with a hint of mother-of-pearl shine.




Then, I applied some texture paste through the stencil on the front side, and left some texture paste traces on all the other angles of the letter. I glued on some plastic figurines, diamond art pebbles, Prima Marketing flowers and the picture of my daughter of course. The latter is places within a beautiful chipboard frame. The frame and all the embellishments are touched up with my favourite Sparks paint - Unicorn Hair.




I also added some minor details like pink plastic beads and glitter as final decoration.

Thank you! Enjoy the video tutorial.



Maria 

Mixed Media Place supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.