Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2020-02-24

Sweet wooden box by Marina Ignatova

Hello dear friends!
It's Marina Ignatova here today with my new project. This time, I did a little remodeling of a simple wooden box.



First, with the help of moulds, I decorated parts of the box with stucco. Then painted it in the base color using impasto paint.



After the paint was completely dry, I waxed the protruding parts of the object. Next, painted in the main color excluding the bottom (so that it was not easily soiled) using impasto paint.



And finally it's time for the most exciting transformation process))) Picking up a sandpaper (or a simple nail file), I aged the surface, walking it over the places where the wax was. The top layer of paint comes off easily and simply, and the wooden box becomes older by a couple of centuries!
But I didn't stop there either. I aged the box a little more, adding acrylic diluted in water and metallique wax. And at the very end there are a few cracks using the stamp.




In my opinion, the alteration was worth the time spent)) Good mood and inspiration to you!



Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.