Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2019-02-20

February challenge



Our design team created projects inspired by our moodboard.



Hello dear friends!

Although I'm not a winter person I love to create snowy projects especially with lots of berries! Our February  Mood-board gave me an opportunity to make such a project.



On the frame first I spread Graphite texture paste through one of Finnabair's new stencil and then brushed a bit of Vintage Gold metalique Wax. As the background I used a paper from Nothern Lights  7 Dots Studio collection. I added a few elements and tags, lots of berries and snowy branches and finalized adding Art stones. Glass beads, Glass Glitter, and Heavy white Gesso by Finnabair.









I hope I've inspired you to make one for yourself!

Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello everyone;))

Did you see moodboard for February? I love this colors and style so I was so happy when I created this project. Shades of brown with lace, metal embellishments, flowers, art stones and hardboard elements like window with shutters, leaves and clay items… All these on the decorative plaque in vintage style with inscription from new Art Daily stickers.







I used impasto paints to color my project (Dark Chocolate, Pitch Black and Burlap). To make some texture I glued art stones and at the end Art Pebbles. In some places I put Texture Paste – Black Sand. It’s transparent with grains providing textural and porous effect. After drying looks amazing.









I hope you like this style. We are waiting for your project with February Mood Board;))

Have a nice day,
Kasia Salmanowicz

Mixed Media Place supplies:




Current challenge is wonderful!!!
I was mainly inspired by the colors and the Air Mail collection was chosen to give a shape to my idea.




This mini album is created in honor of those letters that are sent and received, today is hardly used but I think that little by little this way of connecting with other people will be recovered....
I hope you like it

Mixed Media Place supplies:



Hello friends!
This month I created a canvas. It`s a small 6x6 canvas and I decided to create on the reverse side, since I haven`t done one for a long time and I wanted to reuse this one. If you have created canvas and you don`t like it anymore, like me, just turn it over and give it another go. You might like the result this second time, like I do.















Here is my video tutorial:



Mixed Media Products used:




Hello everyone! When I looked at the February moodboard, I felt that for me it's about Spring already. About sunny days, dew drops, green leaves and no snow. Completely not, anywhere)).







I created art brush and my idea was to do it as a piece of forest. I used lovely sets of texture pastes - Texture Fantasy Northern Lights, Patina Effect Pastes, and even Rust Effect Pastes. I added metallique wax "Aged Brass" to some of the elements. I covered the tip of the brush with acrylic paint "Unicorn's Hair" and then added gold glitter. I made small mushrooms, added a real bird feather, moss and let small butterflies fly from a set of Finnabair stamps "Dream without fear". For decoration I used Mini Art Stones and Micro Beads.






Mixed Media Place supplies:




* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until March 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of  March.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for April 2019!!

Have a great day!



Inlinkz Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.