Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-12-04

Carnival night notebook by Anastasi Kuznetsova


Hello friends! Today I want to show you a notebook, which I called "Carnival Night". The main characters here are Rust Effect Paste "Anemone and Coral". But I will tell you about everything one step at a time.


At first I did a bit preparations. I covered the cardboard with black gesso then I applied texture paste. Texture Powder helped me to create a paste. Then I covered the cover with the first layer of Rust Effect Paste. I took only blue and pink shades. Then I used here and there orange shade to get the effect of rust.




I painted all the decorative elements with Impasto Paints without gesso. Then using them I created a composition adding Art Stones and, once again, painting everything well. Then I wanted to create a kind of festive atmosphere on my cover. What would be a carnival without any glitter? Here and there I covered the composition with glue, let it dry, and pasted Prima (rub-on) foil on top. The effect struck me! Next, I added more shine with Antique Brilliance Waxes. It is very easy to apply waxes with a brush by Finnabair.




I added it to the back of the notebook, which I painted with alcohol ink. After that, I applied the Rust Effect Paste and toned edges.


I invite everyone to watch a video in which I show how easy it is to work with this technique.



Mixed Media Place supplies:

1 comment:

  1. This cover looks fabulous !! Just love the colors and the way you arranged the embellishment items ! You really did a great job. You are so creativ and talented. Thank you so much for sharing and for making a lovely video showing the process.
    I would love to know where you found the big metal embellishments you used as first layer ? Please ?
    Once again thank you. I love your project.
    Hugs from Monica ��
    Spain

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.