Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-08-20

August challenge



This summer is for many of us extremely hot. But we can enjoy summer evenings in the garden, beautiful sunsets and gorgeous flowers. Find even short break in your daily routine and treat yourself with anything summer offers us <3 That will charge our batteries for long, cold Winter season.



Our design team created projects inspired by our moodboard.


Hi dears!
So now the holiday time is over for me and it's time to get back to work. I always need notebooks. I have made one that I can carry in my bag and have with me during meetings. So I it is the one without so much embellishments.





There is so much inspiration everywhere - and this time I found my inspiration right here at Mixed Media Place from the gorgeous and talented Ola Khomenok. So Ola's notebook from the June Challenge is my inspiration.

I have a video for you, so you can watch my process.




Xoxo Katja
Mixed Media Supplies:



Hello, everyone! I love to create floral projects, to add some flowers, leaves and fussy cut elements, to make it looks romantic and soft. Our August Mood board gave me an opportunity to make such a project. I took the main picture from the Mood board and added some lovely elements, made mixed media background using one of my favorite pastes - Snowflake Paste by Finnabair. It is very textural and glittering, so it is also perfect for romantic projects.









I prepared a video-tutorial for you and I hope you like it. Wish you happy crafting!



Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello friends! Someone will see the flowers and the end of summer looking at our moodboard, but my thoughts are still about the sea. And the work is also about it and about one of its inhabitants.







I decided to play with the contrast of bright background colors and a black-white photo of the jellyfish. An excellent basis for the background was a resist canvas, various types of which you can find in the MMP store.

I applied acrylic paints mixed with water and after drying them I applied modeling paste through stencil. A little different decor(including my favorite metal embellishments)and now you can think about the black jellyfish is a fact or fiction))







I prepared a video tutorial for you:



Mixed Media Place supplies:




I really in love with this amazing mood board!
This inspired me to create a canvas with a door :) I have this door mold for a while, but I have never used it before :).











Below you can find also my video. In this tutorial you'll see how to use a Rust Pastes instead of acrylic paints. From time to time I love to use them as I show in my video, because they have nice texture and beautiful vintage looking colors.




Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until September 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of September.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for October 2018!!

Have a great day!








2 comments:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful creations. I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly Gorgeous! pieces from the team! You gals rocked this mood board!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.