Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-01-04

Altered box by Ola Khomenok



Hello dears! Ola here. Today I would like to share with you my new altered box. And of course I prepared a video tutorial for you.



My vision for this project was to create some magical scene, like a sleeping fairies in a forest, on a box front. I have to tell you that I planed this a long time ago. I ordered Prima - Relics & Artifacts - Archival Cast - Facia Familiaris embellishments especially for this project. I just wasn't sure on which base is better to realize my idea. But in a last moment I decided to alter a wooden box.







I started from adding a texture using Graphite texture paste and stencils. I think this is my favorite texture paste. next to the texture and gesso I added all the elements. To get a really magical look, I decided to color the box with Art Alchemy Opal Magic paints.







I invite you to watch the full process accompanied by my explanations in the video. 



 Mixed Media Place supplies list:

4 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Where did you get your Chipboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this !! Thank you for such a great tutorial I can't wait to use my new sparkle paints !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me what stencil you are using

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.