Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-07-14

What if you fly?

Some art pieces can speak for themselves and this time is no different. Our team member Athanasia does not stop to amaze us. Her ability to mix colours, build her magical background and create textures are at highest level. This project will be one of those that will stay in your heart forever.


 

 Hello mixed media friends!
Today I'm sharing a small canvas I created with a great quote which I absolutely adore.


I fell in love with this beautiful photo I found on Pinterest!
The moment I saw it I knew I had to scrap it!
So. I decided to make a small canvas in vintage style...
I gathered some sprays, silks and embossing powders and started working the background! 


First I used the light paste with a stencil and after that I used an embossing powder with a stamp to create more texture. Then I applied some gesso with a pallet knife and I started playing with the sprays in order to create a beautiful contrasting background.


When I was satisfied with the painting, I glued  all the embellishments and chipboard pieces and repeated the painting process with the same colors, in order to embody them to the background. 

I wanted to do something different with the chipboard flower so as to give a bright look and pop out from the background. I altered it with a stamp and embossing powder and I also used the Creme Brulee Cream LSG spray. I just love how it turned out!



I also glued some glitter on the wings in order to give some extra magical sparkle on them...



As some final touches I used the Solar Gold and Mediterranean silks here and there. These are two of my favorite colors and I really love use them on my projects!
Lastly I spread some Copper Glass Glitter in several spots.


I hope you liked today's project and got some inspiration!
Have a lovely crafty time! 


Products from Mixed Media Place:

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - what a great sentiment. What if you fly? Well, I think you definitely are flying with this creation Athanasia. It's WONDERFUL. What a FABULOUS background just grungy enough to be intriquing for the "look" of the picture. And what GREAT embellishments put just in the right places.... so FUN. And her wings.... now that just totally made it all come together. Thanks bunches for sharing such MARVELOUS inspiration. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how this piece tells a story...wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas is wonderful and beautiful. Your background is awesome and the photo and quote are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esta sua pequena tela me encanta em todos os sentidos...pela técnica, pela composição, pelos elementos e cores usados, pela imagem linda e a citação perfeita!... é uma obra de arte!!!
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project! Love all the texture and shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.