Hello dear Mixed media fans!!
Today i have a small art to share with you - a small altered wooden heart. Hearts are my favourite items and butterflies too, so i combined both of them, in a tiny piece of art! And here it is...
I have prepared a step by step photo tutorial.
1. I cover my wooden heart with White Heavy Gesso.
2. I place over it a Scrapiniec chipboard heart (it is glued down just as it is, with the wet gesso - you don't have to put glue or something else).
3a. I cover the chipboard with gesso ...
3b. I paint the whole thing with with blue-green-gold tones acrylic paints.
3c. I spread some Magical powders by Lindy's Stamp gang.
3d. I mist everything with some water to blend the colors.
3e. I mist everything again with Lindy's Starburst Whale Watch Blue, even the details of chipboard.
4. I cover again everything with White texture paste,White crackle Prima.
5. I place over it as it's still wet,some Art ingredients- Art sugar black,Glass beads Zinc,Glass glitter platinum and let it dry overnight.....to start crackle naturally.
6b. I paint it with red acrylic paints plus mists, black berry mica powder and water.
6c. When it dried, i cover it with platinum texture paste using my fingers.
7. I glue down my tiny heart and some sisal fiber with soft matte gel Prima and place some wire around my heart.
8.I place a hanger at the end of my wire.
9. I paint it with black gesso or acrylic (i used both) and again some Platinum crackle texture over it and my whole work too.
10. I place some extra embellishments on my work, like 7 dots studio Fortune-teller papers cut to fit on my Prima art pebbles, 7 dots Studio Lost and Founds collection stickers, Finnabair butterfly stamps and mechanicals mini brads.
I hope you like the result and find some inspiration on my tiny art effort... Till next time... kisses ladies and gents, and keep creating things with your heart!
Mixed Media Place supplies: