Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-08-15

One! Two! Three!

Today we'd like to show you another great gift idea.
Three charming ideas, as a matter of fact. :)


Today, I have three different projects I want to show you.
I've used one sheet of pattern paper from 7Dots Studio for all the projects.


The first project I made was a paper bag. I thought it could be a perfect gift bag for chocolate.
The stamp is in Norwegian and it is about chocolate.


The second project is a 6"x6" birthday card made out of cardstock.



The third is a handmade book. I glued the paper onto cardboard and put something heavy onto it until it was dry. I then made the book using this perfect tutorial on how to bind a book.

When the book was made, I decorated the front cover to fit the two cards.


I started all these three projects by first covering some parts of the paper with masking tape, mesh and then white gesso to get some extra texture. When dry, I painted with both acrylic paint and spray. I even made some splashes with watercolor.
When the pattern paper was cut into the sizes I needed, I added some stamping with Archival Coffee and Prima background stamp. I distressed the edges and used some white chalk ink and gesso.

All three projects have some of the same embellishments: cheese cloth, doily, fabrics, sequin waste and hemp thread.



So there you have either 3 separate gifts or one big gift all together.
Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed my projects.

Supplies from Mixed Media Place:

6 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.