Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-08-15

One! Two! Three!

Today we'd like to show you another great gift idea.
Three charming ideas, as a matter of fact. :)


Today, I have three different projects I want to show you.
I've used one sheet of pattern paper from 7Dots Studio for all the projects.


The first project I made was a paper bag. I thought it could be a perfect gift bag for chocolate.
The stamp is in Norwegian and it is about chocolate.


The second project is a 6"x6" birthday card made out of cardstock.



The third is a handmade book. I glued the paper onto cardboard and put something heavy onto it until it was dry. I then made the book using this perfect tutorial on how to bind a book.

When the book was made, I decorated the front cover to fit the two cards.


I started all these three projects by first covering some parts of the paper with masking tape, mesh and then white gesso to get some extra texture. When dry, I painted with both acrylic paint and spray. I even made some splashes with watercolor.
When the pattern paper was cut into the sizes I needed, I added some stamping with Archival Coffee and Prima background stamp. I distressed the edges and used some white chalk ink and gesso.

All three projects have some of the same embellishments: cheese cloth, doily, fabrics, sequin waste and hemp thread.



So there you have either 3 separate gifts or one big gift all together.
Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed my projects.

Supplies from Mixed Media Place:

6 comments: