Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2024-03-12

A steampunk style canvas by Marietta Tegi

Hello Everyone!

I'm back on the blog. :)

This time I made a steampunk-style canvas, which was special because I put chipboard on it, so no stencilling was needed.

I applied white gesso to black canvas, then used metallique mermaid teal acrylic paint, spraying more water on it to get a more intense colour in some areas and a paler colour in others.



I applied white gesso to the chipboard base and then applied a minimal amount of cracking paste. I then applied brass hardware and burnt sienna acrylic paints. And for a slightly rusty effect, I used matte impasto dark chocolate.


For the brick mould elements, I used a mixture of burnt sienna and crimson liquid acrylic paints. I sanded it down a bit for a rustic effect and applied ink black acrylic paint, in a very thin layer.


I painted the other mould elements with metallique ancient coin paint.

I applied peacock and aged brass waxes to both the edges of the mould elements and the mitform metal elements.




I sponged white gesso on the edges of the metal flowers, then applied white pearl wax. it was very shiny, so I added a little blue colour, namely mermaid teal.




I gave the Art Pebbles their final colour with a mixture of liquid crimson acrylic paint and ancient coin metallic acrylic paint.

As a final step, I added granular decorative elements.

Hugs,

Marietta


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.