Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-10-29

Wooden altered heart by Lanette Erickson

Hello, All You Amazing Creative People!

Today I am sharing an altered heart, that I found a sweet wooden heart at my local thrift store. I really wasn’t sure how I would alter it, but I knew it had potential.


With the Halloween decorations going up, I found inspiration for my project. I have always been drawn to the bright festive decorations of Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead), so with that in mind, I grabbed a mix of Impasto paints and went to work.  

After painting my heart, I added a few extra details with a couple paint markers and a bit of sparkle with a handful of Finnabair’s Metallic Flakes. I am pretty happy with how this came together. I hope you like it too!



Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope I have inspired you in some small way! 

Until next time, Hugs and have fun creating!

-Lanette

Mixed Media Place supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.