Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-08-30

Mysterious Box by Marietta Tegi


Hello Everyone!

I received my DT package, so I used them for my next creation and of course other great Finnabair products. Thank you Andrzej for the package. You made my good day :)

I've created a steampunk art journal cover, the tutorial of which you can find at the bottom of this post.

I smeared the base with white and black gesso. 

I mixed pearls and crystals mica powders into paper texture paste, stencilled with this combo, and then applied white crackle paste.

also from the pearls and crystals mica collection, I used a deeper shade of face powder and added fluid medium to get a denser consistency. Then came my favourite liquid acrylic paint, burnt sienna.

I smeared the mould elements with white gesso and then used a brown rust effect paste, but not on the whole surface, only in places, for example on frames only on convex surfaces. I applied tiger's eye orange jewel effect paste on the mould elements, so the texture of the rust effect paste looks even more grainy. I even painted it with avocado green liquid acrylic paint, but I sprayed more water on it to show the shades underneath. I also applied dragonfly metallic paint. 😊 My original idea was not to add this, but I wanted to achieve more contrast between the background and the mould elements.

I used ink black acrylic on the brick moulds elements, then sprinkled the lightest shade of pearls and crystals mica powders on top, giving it a silvery-greyish colour.

I put gold metal flakes on the lion-shaped elements and used burnt sienna acrylic paint for less glitter.

In the assembly, I added finnabair metal elements and art pebbles.

Even waxes, grainy decorative elements and some stamping have been added.


If you like the creation of the tutorial you can find it here: 


Love,

Marietta

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.