Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-03-10

The star factory by Louise Crosbie

 


Hi there.

My project for today, the star factory, was deeply inspired by a class I watched on Anna’s (Finnabair’s) patreon. I’ve been a member there for two years and I’ve learned so so much (and for just the cost of a nice coffee each week). 

I wanted to try out her teachings without doing an exact copy so this is what I came up with. 


It’s painted onto a wooden plank cut down to size. 

I used some metallic flakes on the bottom part and painted the top with liquid acrylics after giving the wood a wee coat of clear gesso.

To build the factory machine that’s making the stars and shooting them out into the sky, I used a mixture of Finnabair moulds and mechanicals as well as a few found objects.  And I’ve used lots of lovely Metallique waxes.


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.