Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-02-08

My bloody Valentine by Louise Crosbie


I don’t often make projects for other people. But occasionally a friend will come tome with a special request and I find it hard to say no. 

Sometimes that can be worrying as there’s a huge risk they’ll want something sweet, girlie and in pastel colours (not my vibe at all).

But I was delighted when a long time friend, who is a goth and likes macabre things, asked for a canvas for her partner for Valentine’s Day. 

I knew right away that one of the Finnabair Studio anatomical style heart moulds would feature. 

The second bonus is, I used a canvas from an old project I no longer liked. I simply stripped it back and pulled all the embellishments off. So it’s economical and recycled lol

Because pulling the old project apart left a very uneven surface, when I added texture through a stencil I made sure to use a stencil with a large pattern. Anything too small and detailed would just be lost. 


Everything on the canvas, except for the sentiment, is simply resin cast in various Prima and Finnabair Studio moulds. 

All covered with white gesso then small touches of liquid acrylics. 

I realise this won’t be to everyone’s taste but my goth friend is absolutely thrilled with it and I’m rather fond of it too. 

Thanks for visiting the blog

Louise

Mixed Media Place supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.