Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-01-18

Mysterious Box - Photo Passion by Julia Chorna


Hello everyone! 

Today I came to you with the project I created using Mysterious box materials from MMP.

I decided to take the MDF form as a basis.

I cowered it with white gesso then rubbed transfers “Photo Passion” on the surface. After that, I added 3d matte gel to protect my surface from water and paints. 

The next step was to make my project more vintage, so I used crackle paste. When it dried, I added metallic acrylic paints “Hazelnut” and “Flame”.

Then I prepared all the elements for the decor.

- coated chipboard “Steampunk Wreath “ with jewel paste “Tigers Eye Stones”;

- made plaster figures using molds and covered them with acrylic paint “Hazelnut“;

- found all needed flowers and other embellishments.

When everything was ready I started working on my composition by layering one element on another. After that, I added accents with acrylic paints “Flame“ and “ Blackberry”.  Also, I decided to apply waxes “Bronze Age” and “Old White”.

The next step was to add contrast to my project. That’s why I used die-cuts, but first I coated them with impasto “Mint” and a little with opal magic “Green Gold”. Then I covered everything with white gesso because my project looked too dark. 

The last touch was sprinkling my composition with glass glitter. I guess I can’t imagine any work without this topping.



Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.