Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2023-01-30

A steampunk-style mill by Marietta Tegi

Hello Everyone!

Here again on the blog. 😊 This time I made a steampunk-style mill, that functions as a wind chime.


I painted the natural plywood base with White Gesso and then applied Crackle paste.





I glued corrugated cardboard on the top. I also put Crackle paste on it and I used a glue gun to put 'deposits' on it. I then coated it with Rusty Red metallique acrylic paint. I splattered it with Ink Black liquid acrylic. Finally, I highlighted it with White Gold wax.

I used metallique Hazelnut acrylic paint on the walls, sprayed with water, so the crackling is more visible and doesn't look gloomy.  A little matt effect was missing for my eyes, so I used Burlap Impasto paint in a few places. I put Soot Antiquing wax on the edges.

I painted the mill shovel with Burlap Impasto and minimal Soot and Sepia wax.

I used Ink Black liquid acrylic on the mould elements and then added waxes Old Silver, White Gold and Soot.



Finally, I added a few grainy decorative elements.

Have a nice day!

xoxo

Marietta

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.