Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-12-09

Metal Biscuit Tin Alteration by Louise Crosbie

 

Hello again.

I’m back with my December project. 

I’ve altered a metal biscuit tin bought a couple of Christmases ago. It’s actually a music box too as a novelty. 

After making last month's snowy project where I started with black gesso, I was keen to do one with similar colours, starting with a white gesso base. 

I didn’t have much of a plan other than using ultramarine and Prussian blue along with lots of white so I just gathered some bits and bobs in my little tray and started. The plan always seems to take shape as I progress so I decided to trust the process. If it didn’t work out, I could always add gesso and start over lol.


I’ve made a process video which is about 42 minutes long (sorry).

I’ve added homemade texture for snow using some mini art stones, gesso and 3D gel (more about that in the video). And I’ve used a fair bit of sparkle (crushed ice, pixie paste, glitter) to add some winter magic. Sadly, as we all know, it’s hard to get photos of that.


I hope the video explains how I’ve put this together but I’m always happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Here is a full product list (excluding the odd thing, here and there, from my personal stash)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.