Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-11-23

3rd 2022 quarterly challenge with prizes

Hello friends!!!

Today we are here with our third quarterly challenge - with great prizes!! The rules are very simple - you will find them below.


PRIZES:

1st winner - products worth 45EUR* + free shipping 
+ invitation to be a Guest Designer

2nd & 3rd winner - products worth 30EUR* + free shipping
+ invitation to be a Guest Designer

-*products are chosen by Mixed Media Place store

We hope you will like our new challenge. If you would have any questions, please leave us a comment below and we will answer.


THE RULES:

1. be inspired by our moodboard

1. in your text on your blog put a link to at least one product, that you have used and that is available in Mixed Media Place store (for IG/FB entries, just mention the name of the product)


HOW TO ENTER:

1. for blogs and FB entriesput a link to our challenge in your post

2. for IG entriestag our IG profile @mixed_media_place

3. add a link to your project using the inlinkz tool below


As a bonus: if you publish IG stories and tag us @mixed_media_place, we will share your story on our IG stories


And here is our moodboard

We hope you'll like it and will be happy to share it on your social media too :)


And now it is time for inspiration from our team!


I was so excited to see this month's mood board. I adore the Yule season. The smell of fir and pine trees, cosy fires, twinkly lights.

I had so many ideas it was hard to narrow them down.


In the end, I decided to alter a tin. It’s about 8 inches tall and used to have two sets of dominoes inside. 

It’s not the most artistically accomplished project but it’s a fun project. For me, the yule season is a time for fun.

I made the lid look like a front door with a Yule wreath and a fancy door knocker.

I’ve used the red and Green inspiration from the mood board and I’ve added the rusty colour that I saw reflected in the warm wood in some of the mood board photos. 


When I’d constructed my little scene, hung my handmade wallpaper, and decorated the tree I realised I couldn’t leave it all clean and new. 

I’m all about vintage and distressed, grungy projects. So I added burnt Siena paint and rust paste over most of it, to add that old-used vibe. 

I’m really looking forward to seeing how you all interpret the mood board when you share your projects with us.

Mixed Media Place supplies:


Isn't this moodboard amazing? It smells like Christmas. As soon as I saw him, I immediately thought that I must use a photo from last year's Christmas session.

I chose a baubles-shaped base and covered it with red Impasto paint. To create the shading, I applied a black gesso over the edges with a sponge. Then I gently pulled up the edges with dark Liquid Acrylic and gold wax.

Gilding glue is great for creating dots. After drying, I applied metallic flakes to them. Now it looks more like a Christmas bauble😊


I also covered the bottom and top with metallic flakes. The golden flakes were too homogeneous, so I used Liquid Acrylic to create shadows.

I chose elements associated with Christmas to create a 3D composition. I glued everything together using a heavy body gel - it is irreplaceable in this type of project.

Mixed Media Place supplies:


This is a Christmas tree made of cardboard, which we can put as part of the decoration of our house.





A moodboard with very Christmas colours, you can already feel the steps of Santa Claus.





It is lined with kraft paper, with a layer of white gesso, icing paste, stencil, crackle paste, Impasto, moulds, wax, and mini art stones.

Mixed Media Place supplies:





I love the holiday season.

It is a time of memories, decorating the house and spending time with family. I always choose red and white colours. 



Liquid Acrylic- Carmin impresses me. It intensifies my passion for creating with red and rust. 

Hugs Karolina

Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * *

Challenge is open till December 22nd. Winners will be announced in the next 2 weeks.

We are waiting for your projects. Wishing you luck!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.