Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-10-13

Autumn spell book by Louise Crosbie




I’m here with my first design team post at one of my favourite times of the year.

I love autumn (Fall) and I love the magic of Halloween. Although a traditional Halloween in Scotland is quite different to the Halloween I see in America. 

In honour of the season, I’ve altered a big photo album and made it into an Autumn spell book. 



I let loose on my art supplies to create this magical but vintage and rusty look. 

Starting with a stencil, modelling paste, an old leather belt and lots of mould casts.


When my heavy body gel had dried, and my mould pieces were secure, I progressed by adding black gesso on everything then building layers of colour and age with mica powders, liquid acrylics, metallique waxes, and some lovely red rust paste.


I added a few finishing touches with a piece of an old typewriter and a real clock gear as well as some Finnabair Mechanicals. 

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.