Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-08-12

Moments in Time by Lori Woods


Hello creative friends! I love new product releases from Finnabair, they always spark so many ideas in my mind there just aren't enough hours in the day to create everything! So, I decided to play around with some of the new moulds using a couple of different techniques for this project, Moments in Time.

I started by creating 3 different compositions from the new Baroque Frames and Clock Faces moulds. I gave these a coat of a mix of Metallique paints to create a metal effect base and then I started on the various patina finishes I wanted to create.


First I used the always amazing rust pastes to create a rusty section. I added in some liquid acrylics to give some additional grungy colour.


For the next section, I used impasto paint to give the effect of a sea-worn patina. In the last section, I tried to recreate the rainbow sheen that you sometimes get on copper with various metallic waxes.


It was a lot of fun to just play around with different ideas and see what the end result looked like! I've got a video tutorial for you here so you can see how I achieved these effects: 


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.