Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-07-11

Bronze statue by Lori Woods



Hello creative friends! Today I have a tutorial for you on creating an aged patina effect on your project.

 

I wanted my tin to look like it might once have been a beautiful bronze statue that had lain on the sea bed for many years, the metal shine slowly being dulled by erosion from the sea. To get this effect, I applied metallic flakes in small areas across the project.




I used my beloved mica powders again, this time I created a dark colouring over the embellishments with touches of brighter green to imitate algae. I finished off the sea-worn look with touches of patina wax over the different elements.

You can watch the process here:


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.