Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-05-09

Vintage Victorian canvas by Lori Woods


Hello creative friends!

I decided to make a vintage style project for you this month and when I found my Victorian Green Impasto paint, that seemed like the perfect starting point!

I used resist canvas and lace strips to create lots of background patterns and texture along with paper paste through a stencil, picking elements that seemed to fit the Victorian style. Once I had created the main composition from mould pieces and various mechanicals, it was time to put the mica powders to use again!


I love the new Golden Hour mica powders, they're so versatile and have such a great range of complimentary colours. I used the green to tie in with the canvas background, the brown for some shadow, the golds for areas of interest, and the beautiful teal to make everything really pop!


I really love how this project turned out and can't wait to see what project I can use my mica powders on next! There's a video of the whole process for you here: 


Happy crafting :)

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.