Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2022-01-20

January 2022 challenge

Hello friends,

It's January and a new year, so the new beginnings and new, fresh ideas. Our moodboard is also fresh, a bit cold, but also delicate and airy, although colours are mostly bold. It's a symbol, that we can be both courageous and gentle.


Our fabulous design team created projects inspired by our moodboard:


This month's challenge is a stunning mix of Teal with just a splash of Orange. I was really inspired by the colours and the photo of raindrops. So I decided to pull out my Liquid Acrylics and went to work. 




I am pretty happy with the way this turned out, I hope that you like it too. 

Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello! Inspired moodboard I created a vintage art journal page playing with Finnabair Art Daily stickers, stamps and embellishments. I used Finnabair Liquid Acrylics. I love mixing colours.
Finally, I glued the metals from Finnabair and pampered it with wax.






Mixed Media Place supplies:





The delicacy of the colours and items on the moodboard encouraged me to go beyond my comfort zone. The first object that caught my eye was the acorn. Unfortunately, I did not have it, so I chose cones. I covered them with metallic paints from the Opal series. I had covered them with clear gesso before, so I knew that the colour would stay nicely on the surface.

 







As a background I used paper from the 7 dots studio collection, which I also covered with clear gesso. I took the woman out of the Ladys World (journaling mini) set and glued it to the paper with Soft Gel. In order to unify the background and the woman, I used crackle paste and snow paste. In the background, I also used opal paints and liquid acrylics.

Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello creative friends! I just love the colours in this month's moodboard! Taking inspiration from the image of the little acorn like-elements, I used that as my starting point and decided to create a winter spirit with some frosty foliage and icy sparkle!



Once I'd created my focal point using moulds and mechanicals, I used metallique acrylic paints to provide the background colours. I then added silver gilding flakes, glitter and mica flakes to create an icy sparkle over the highlights.





Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello friends! Margarita Shkludova is here.
I created this canvas inspired by our beautiful moodboard.



 
I used White Crackle paste and Liquid Acrylic Ultramarine for the background. I also added a Gothic stencil and Texture Fantasy Northern Lights pastes in some places. Then I chose these charming girls from the Art Daily Words You Need set as a focal point. And I added moulds and other elements to the composition.





 
What inspires you in our moodboard? Share with us your projects. I'll be glad to visit you)
See you soon!
 

Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!

You have time to play with us until February 19th, 23:55 CEST.

Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.

Our Design Team will choose their favourite piece and its author will win a 20% discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.

The winner and features will be announced by the end of February.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for April 2022!!

Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.