Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2021-11-20

November 2021 challenge

 Hello friends,

This month we would like to inspire you with Autumn forest, frosty mornings, natural objects and warm shades of brown.


Our fabulous design team created projects inspired by our moodboard:


Hello creative friends! Isn't this month's moodboard just gorgeous? It makes me think of crisp frosty mornings when the leaves crunch underfoot and snuggling up in a thick woollen jumper drinking hot chocolate. I was especially inspired by the images of the apples and the contrast between the bright red and the snow so I used that as the starting point for my project. 

I've collected a lot of natural objects over the last few months and this was the perfect place to use them. I kept most of the colours except for the apples quite muted, dry-brushed with white gesso a number of times to create a real frosty effect and finished off with some snowflake paste for good measure! 




Mixed Media Place supplies:


Hello creative friend! As soon as I saw the inspiration board, I wanted to create an autumn project.

I used a piece of real wood as a base. Using a soft matte gel, I fix the openwork cutting on the background.






And with paints, I create a palette of a warm autumn forest, which is about to plunge into the cold winter...

See you soon!

Mixed Media Place supplies:



This month's moodboard inspired me to create this autumnal scene and I had a thought for the birds that have flown to warmer climes.




Mixed Media Place supplies:



Hello friends!

I have prepared a canvas for you inspired by our incredibly beautiful moodboard. It's a late fall mood with frost, wood grain and various wonderful elements that I captured in my canvas. Mushrooms, snow-covered red berries, cones, twigs, little keys and blades of grass.


I used White Craquelure Paste for the background. Elements are glued on a Heavy Body Gel. I love to use it because it fixes elements very well. Accents are highlighted by Unicorn's Hair Sparks and Golden Nugget Effect Paste. A complete list of materials that I used can be found below.




May your autumn be cosy! Join our challenge.

Bye-Bye!

Mixed Media Place supplies:




I just love the colours in this month's challenge!

These colours envelop me and give me a sense of security, freedom and nostalgia.


I mixed the colours of the challenge with magenta, turquoise and carmine.



I wrapped the whole thing with metallic paints.

I hope you will like the post.

Mixed Media Place supplies:

* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!

You have time to play with us until December 19th, 23:55 CEST.

Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.

Our Design Team will choose their favourite piece and its author will win a 20% discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.

The winner and features will be announced by the end of  December.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for February 2022!!

Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.