Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2020-07-27

Mysterious Box Series - Maria Lillepruun


Hello, dear mixed media friends! 
Today this is Maria Lillepruun on blog. Recently, I have received a mystery box full of beautiful art goodies from the Mixed Media Place store! This was a very interesting challenge! I played with the media and embellishments around, trying to incorporate THEM ALL in one curious project. This was fun! Finally, I decided to make a wall decoration on a round base that was included in my box. 



I primed the base with black gesso, because I wante the final work to look dark. Then I covered the primed base with the decorative paper using the soft gloss gel. 


After that, I applied a mix of the modelling paste and the texture paste with sand through a beautiful "Oriental Wall" stencil, and let it dry.


When the texture was dry, I colored it with liquid acrylics and added shimmer with dry mica powders.
Then I glued on all the decorations: colored chipboard, metallic embellishments, artificial plants and moss, real amethysts, art pebbles... And colored them all slightly with distress ink, alcohol inks and Finnabair´s waxes. This process blended them all together.




Finally, I added some decorative glass beads as toppings and whte gesso splatter.



I invite you to view the whole process. I filmed it all together with a short mystery box overview in the very begining of the video.



Thank you for your attention!


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.