Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2020-03-25

Owl organizer by Marina Ignatova


Hello my dear creative friends! It’s Marina here and my new colorful project.
Some time ago, I purchased a plywood organizer in the form of an owl. Pretty nice, but not fully for the creative person. The redesign was inevitable))



I started with black gesso. Painted the entire surface of the product with it . I applied graphite texture paste to the back through a stencil.




I little changed the owl's face and back, decorating it with other metal embellishments. I thought it was pretty cool.







Then I worked with metallic acrylic paints. Using a Dabbing Brush or a regular sponge, I added paint to the surface. First one color, then another, carefully mixing them at the border.
Then came the turn of waxes. I love creating with it. Put on the protruding parts of the object with a brush. And my favorite technique: apply wax through a stencil. So I did with some parts of the organizer.




And in the end, a little bit of glass glitter as a topping. Agree, it was very inspiring!
Thank you for your time! Health to you and enjoy your creativity!

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.