Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2019-05-10

Chest of rust by Anastasia Korvyakova


Hello friends! Anastasia here with big and very rusty project.

The rust is always texture that inspires! Contrasts and color transitions are always catching my eyes. I like to create works with rust effect, but it was always small objects. In this time I decided to do some big but useful one and I chose a big box (I will be keeping my ATCs inside).

Finnabair products helped me to change wooden box into old metal box covered with rust. I took big jars with Rust Effect Pastes - Brown and Red and small jar with Yellow Rust.
But first I glued different elements (to get them I used moulds) onto box. I dried them and applied acrylic paint Pitch Black. Then I applied grey paint here and there, because I wanted it to stay visible.




After that I started to apply Rust Effect Pastes: at first Brown Rust, then Red and Yellow. And again Brown Paste on some places, again Red and Yellow Rust until I got very old rusty cover that I liked. It was very exciting! For applying I used different brushes and sponge.



At the end I added stamps of birds from Cling Stamp set and a little bit wiped them with sandpaper.
And now the usual box has become unusual and is ready to store my treasures - ATC!

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.