Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-11-13

Tell your story by Kasia


Hello!
I like very much when ordinary items get an original look and can be a beautiful decoration. That’s why I decided to decorate the notebook cover using Finnabair products. You can see the creation process in my video tutorial that you will find at the bottom of this blogpost :)



To avoid getting notebook dirty I prepared the whole decoration on a separate piece of white paper, which I finally glued on a stiff cover. Of course, at first I secured the paper with a thin layer of White Gesso. You can also use Gesso Clear or even Heavy Body Gel. It’s important that the paper is protected, because later you will use water, which will make unprotected paper start to ‘waver’.





Decorative hardboard elements are also protecting with White Gesso . First of all, it’s a protective layer and secondly – the later applied color looks better on the bright surface. I applied the whole composition with hardboard embellishments, paper flowers, fabric bows, art stones and gauze using Heavy Body Gel. After drying, I used wonderfully shiny acrylic paints from Sparks series (‘Unicorn’s Hair’ and ‘Magical Pond’). I mixed both colors with water and next with Black Gesso, which is matte. That’s why the entire notebook cover isn’t completely shiny. 









The cover was also covered with a little bit of White Gesso, because I like this effect very much. I also added stamps, black drops and in some fragments Black Gesso. 


Have a nice day,
Kasia Salmanowicz

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.