Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-10-20

October challenge


In our gardens and surrounding Autumn flowers are still in bloom. They make October days more colorful. But soon white, grey and black will start dominate in outside landscape. We can plant some flowers to cheer us up or we can create something just for our pleasure. Will you choose any of these possibilities?


Our design team created projects inspired by our moodboard.


Hello everyone! I love Mood boards, they give so many ideas to create. You may be inspired by everything on it. This time I took color palette and floral theme. I made an ATC series. 






I used Moon child collection by Prima marketing and some Finnabair mixed media products. Wish you happy crafting!

Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello dear friends! I’m so excited to share for the first time my project as part of the Design Team!

October Mood board is very inspiring, it has brightness and soft colors but the same time darkest images. It matches perfectly the change of the seasons – when the summer is over, but Autumn isn’t here completely.


That’s exactly the atmosphere I wanted to create in my project. Inspired specially by Reddish-Purple flowers in the left corner image.

I also incorporated the Woman-Butterfly image from garden party collection to give the project a Fantasy feel which I love! 





Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello mixed media friends! Our October moodboard inspired me to use dark colours with a hint of bright ones. I have altered a cigar box. Metallique and Impasto acrylic paints, waxes and Rust Effect pastes helped me to make my idea real.




At first I decorated the box with Metal embellishments coming from different sets. Then I colored everything up with Impasto Pitch Black and Dark Chocolate. Next step was to add a few bright colours  - Wild Fuchsia, Emerald Green and Jade. After that I applied Rust Effect Pastes Brown and Red, a little bit on the decorative elements and more on the edges. At the end I added Antique Brilliance Wax - Fire Ruby, Amethyst Magic and Metallique Wax Aged Brass.




For decorating the back of the box, I used a stencil and Modeling paste. After drying, I also used paints and waxes.


And here, once bright and now darkened over time, the box is ready to store autumn leaves or memorabilia.

Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until November 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of November.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for December 2018!!

Have a great day!





7 comments:

  1. DT inspirations are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inspiration! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects 💕 Can I add link to my Instagram profile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspirations and wonderful challenge... xoxoxo

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Qué inspiraciones más espectaculares.
    Colores, abalorios y texturas preciosas.
    Gracias por ello.
    Besos y feliz semana!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.