Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-05-10

Spread Your Wings by Georgie Connelly



Hi there!

I have been having fun creating a mixed media style notebook cover, using a bee die cut to give me the shape and height.



As per my normal behaviour I used gesso as a base before applying gel with my stencil, it’s so important to get the foundation right. Also, whilst the gel is wet it is a good time to stick down a few elements. After I had the bee in place I dropped some mini micro beads that would help add more text to the overall look at the end.





I liked the idea of the bee having a golden glow but still being slightly murky with the steampunk look. Just a dusting of sparkly coming through as well.





Lots of tiny metal clockwork pieces to give texture. But I loved the idea of decorating this bee and have been deliberating it for awhile. I was rummaging through what bits I had and forgot all about these hidden treasures.



I also included some Mechanicals, but the wow factor, I think, really comes from the colours. Art Alchemy paints really are magic. I’m loving Royal Blue right now too!!



I have created a video of my process if you wish to take a look. 😊



Wishing you inspiration and creativity.
Gee
xx

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.