Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-05-20

May 2018 challenge



To join our challenge you can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more. Just please let yourself be inspired by our moodboard.


Inspiration from our Design Team:





Hello dears! This month moodboard is so beautiful! It is a challenge for me with the colors. But I love challenges. So I made a small canvas with color and sandy look.




I wanted to catch the balloons from the moodboard, and here with a rusty wire in the shape of the ballon.




I have tried to work with  some contrast,  the mat Impasto Paint in the background. The edges with Rust Effect Paste to give a sandy en textured look.



Then some metallic embellishment and there is my balloon.






So I would be happy if you want to watch my video:


Hope I could you some inspiration.
See you!
Katja

Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello mixed media friends! Our May moodboard inspired me to create art brushes. I remembered how many wonderful moments we had with my son when he was a little younger. So my work is a "story" about traveling with children.






And of course I was not indifferent to the colours of our moodboard. I decided to make vintage brown and pink colours. For create vintage brown color I mixed patina effect paste Brass with White gesso and with impasto paint Pitch Black. I got vintage pink colour by mixing paints Wild Fuchsia and Royal Red with White Gesso. It's was very interesting experiment and I like colours I made. And you?
I so liked these colours that I also made a series of ATC's and used a such colours for it. Also I used in my work amazing metallique embellishments. My favorite decorative elements were wings for a long time and now also flowers. Especially a set with lotuses.








I prepared video tutorial and you can watch in it all details. Hope you will like it.



Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello dears! This month mood board so amazing!
Love the inspiration moodboard and the colors. Balloons, sky, movement ... The shutters on the windows and the vintage scissors - all this inspired me to make a canvas. 













From the pieces of the box I made windows, instead of balls I have winged insects. I used Heavy Gesso White and Art Alchemy Acrylic paints, metal embellishments and 7 Dots Studio products.


Mixed Media Place supplies:






I adore making projects using Mood boards, there is always opportunity to find something inspirational, you just only need to watch carefully and find the idea.



My idea started from pictures of hot air balloons. I remembered that I have a sheet of paper from Cartographer collection by Prima marketing, I cut hot air balloons, took some metal embellishments and sticker quot from 7Dots studio, that are perfectly fit for every project and made and ATC series.




 For my background I used some sprays, black gesso, Graphite paste and embossing powders with stamps. Wish you to find your own inspiration using our beautiful May Mood board! Nadya

Mixed Media Place supplies:





I love this moodboard. Those shabby tones and those shells have inspired me to create this mini project that consists of a mini album created from two shells.







I hope you like it.

Mixed Media Place supplies:




* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until June 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of June.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for July2018!!

Have a great day!






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the lovely shades and yeahhhh hot air ballons!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.