Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-05-16

Light The Way by Georgie Connelly

Hi Everyone! :)

Today I have to share an altered journal cover. This was a great project for me to get into, I find I have lost my way a little bit with mixed media and my mojo, as I know we can all do. Hence the title, and gorgeous words on this journal, big thank you to Tusia for those gorgeous Word Elements that she creates for us to play with. This one in particular shone for me.






I have used loads of gorgeous Finnabair products that are my go to for mixed media, but the colours are heavenly to work with. You’ll never regret the purchase if you don’t already have them.





I tried to go a little lighter with my finishing touches, I do like adding glitter and bits to help bring it together but I felt the white gesso splatters did that (good ol’ splatters) so minimal use of glitter glass and Micro Beads, but just enough to finish it nicely.




I know I state this quite often but getting a good gesso base is key. Build the solid foundation and you can play away with as much paint as you like ;).





I have a video to share with you of my process creating this, I hope you like - it has been awhile since I’ve done one. :)


Happy creating
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love this book cover ! I wish I would have waited to do this on my journal but I'll sure remember for next time. Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.