Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-07-07

Art-journal spread by Cindy Brown

 Hello everyone.

Today I would like to show you an art journal spread that I made using great Impasto Paints from Finnabair.

Unfortunately my camera has stopped working in the middle of creative process, so this time I have just pictures. But what I can tell you is that I have had so much fun working with Impasto Paints, textures and colors!



I suppose you already know, that working on art journal pages is my way for letting my problems go and create with happiness. At the beginning I played with the three kinds of gesso (Finnabair range from Prima). I covered everything with clear gesso. Then I have added some white gesso and created patterns with spatula. I kept repeating the same patterns with my spatula but using black gesso.
I glue a few pages together using soft matte gel so the background would be thicker and I would be able to work with more mediums.



I started playing with gorgeous Impasto Paints that work wonders.
At the beginning I created some texture with jade color using Finnabair palette knife and also added some water to dilute the colors. I have used Snow White color to cover the background and add a little but texture again.



I created circles with Pumpkin colors. I have used Pitch Black for splashing and filling the circles.
I made sure to create droplets with all the colors I used in the creations.
I made a finishing touch by adding some stamping to harmonize the whole.

Mixed Media Place supplies:

2 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.