Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-07-13

Frida canvas by Cristin



Hello again!

Today I wanted to paint a portrait of an inspiring artist! I chose Frida Kahlo.






I started with a piece of mat board and used clear gesso to add layers of collage with old book page and sheet music. Then, I added some white gesso to push back some of the collage and added some texture with modeling paste/stencils and the Prima brick stamp. To finish up the background I added blocks of color with Art Alchemy paint and then I was ready to begin sketching and painting the face!










To add additional texture and interest I also attached some Prima flowers, chipboard and lace. I wanted the flowers to be a bit more bright and colorful so I used Prima Confections “Tropicals” to “dye” them and it worked marvelously!


Mixed Media Place supplies:

2 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.