Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-03-30

Searching For...

"You don't have to be perfect..." - we need to hear this reminder from time to time, don't we?
Today, we have Anai sharing not only her beatiful new art journal page but also some very important thoughts on creativity.
Enter Anai's fairytale garden...


Today I'd like to show you a page from my art journal. Nothing very special - just something I was creating in the evenings. No rush. Just some freehand drawing (very far from perfect...) and playing with paints. :)
I just thought it would be a good idea to show you this little experiment. You don't have to be perfect with mixed media. You don't have to be perfect in your art journals. What counts the most is the power of creativity and expressing yourself. :)



I started with a drawing with India ink. I like it a lot. It's very black and waterproof.
I wanted to create some strange world - with very dark sky, golden stars and giant flowers. Like some kind of a magical garden. Which can be scary and beautiful at the same time. I think that searching inside of our souls can be scary and beautiful in a very similar way. :)


I used a lot of water here and my Twinkling H2O paints which work beautifully as watercolors.
I wasn't even trying to stay within the lines. :) It's much more interesting not to!



The top of my page is covered with black chalkboard paint. I love how dark an matte it is. And it also makes a good background if you are planning to write on it with a white marker.
The gold stars are painted with a Silks paint. It's hard to catch in on the photo but they are really shiny.


My last step was to make some splashes with a Twinkling H2O paint. I love this effect and (as you can see) I usually have a problem to stop splashing. ;) But hey - the whole idea for this page was about having fun and doing things the way my soul tells me to.


Hope you liked it. :)
Maybe some time, when you are not sure what to do - you will just take a pencil or a marker and do some freehand drawing? It's so much fun!

Materials from Mixed Media Place:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page and a beautiful message! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh - ok - maybe someday I will do some freehand drawing in my journal but it won't look like yours!!!! I just LOVE your journal page. Looks perfect to me because it speaks to my heart. In reality, we are such a small part of the world around us. Still... where we are planted to bloom - (even if it's under a huge, bright, beautiful flower that makes us appear insignificant) - is just where we a supposed to be in the "plan" for our life and for the lives of those we tough each day! The Texas bluebonnets just started blooming - think I need to go park myself in a patch - stop and look around :) Thank you Anai. j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh - ok - maybe someday I will do some freehand drawing in my journal but it won't look like yours!!!! I just LOVE your journal page. Looks perfect to me because it speaks to my heart. In reality, we are such a small part of the world around us. Still... where we are planted to bloom - (even if it's under a huge, bright, beautiful flower that makes us appear insignificant) - is just where we a supposed to be in the "plan" for our life and for the lives of those we tough each day! The Texas bluebonnets just started blooming - think I need to go park myself in a patch - stop and look around :) Thank you Anai. j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal page is really lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.