Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-09-26

Horsing Around

Inspiration can truly wait everywhere...
How about going through your kids' toys? ;)
Take a look at what Riikka found and turned into amazing altered art!


Some time ago we were going through kid's toys and sorting them.
Some of the ones they didn't play with anymore, went into a fleamarket pile. But when I was taking those out, I noticed the little plastic animals. There were elephants, big cats like lions, but also horses. So I grabbed those horses and a donkey from the bag and decided to transform them into fairytale animals.


First, I gathered my metal embellishments, some resists shapes and also little roses on my craft table and went through the metals in order to find the ones small enough to fit on the horses. Most of the lovely metal pieces were too big but I did find some that were just what I was looking for.

 
I created different moods to every horse. There's the girly, flowery one...


... then the flying mystical Pegasus...


... and also the little steampunk style donkey.


To emphasize the moods even more, I used different colors in every horse.
First, I treated them all with gesso and then used Glimmer Mists to color. I misted multiple layers in order to have stronger color. I finished painting the creations with some flicks of mists and also doodling with PITT pens and a white Sharpie.


The horses still needed something - their manes and tails! The pink one got its parts from a small, flowing feather. The little donkey got a mohawk from a paperflower and the turquoise Pegasus got its look finished with two kinds of thread.


Supplies from Mixed Media Place:


8 comments:

  1. Wow. You really are an amazing artist, Riikka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I wish I would have saved all my kids toys from when they were little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to look for toy horses now!!!! These are absolutely amazing and gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.These turned out fantastic.What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, these are AWESOME!!! What a completely original and unique idea--super duper creative and ultra inspiring!!! I'm totally in love with these horses-wow!!!! You are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too cute!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.