Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2013-12-12

Magical Gardens with Pascale / Czarodziejskie ogrody Pascale

Have you ever dreamed of going to Narnia? ;)
You can do so today with:

Czy marzyły wam się kiedys odwiedziny w Narnii?
Dzisiaj możecie to zrobić w towarzystwie:


It's just enough to enter her magical studio...

Wystarczy wejść do jej czarodziejskiego studio...


The photo I used in my layout was shot last summer in the Chaumont-sur-Loire gardens.
Every year artists are asked to imagine a garden. There are something like 24 different gardens. This wardrobe was in the garden n°12 :  " Behind the Wardrobe".
Zdjęcie, które wykorzystałam w pracy, zostało zrobione w ogrodach w Chaumont-sur-Loire.
Każdego roku artyści dostają zadanie stworzenia wizji ogrodu. Powstało ich około 24. Te drzwi to był ogród nr 12 zatytułowany: "Za szafą".

But enough about the photo, let's speak about the layout.
I started with adding some butterflies with heavy gel medium to my background. Then I glued some strips of paper and lace that I covered with gesso. Embossing powder was sprinkled  ramdomly when the gesso was still wet and then heat embossed to give more texture. I used chalk and distress inks to stamp randomly the border of my layout and around the place where I wanted my photo to be and my clusters of flowers. I also added some "Scarab Beetle" Twinkling H2O: lightly around the butterflies, just so we can see them more, less lightly near my strips of paper.
Ale dość o zdjęciu.
Na moim layoucie stworzyłam motyle w tle przy użyciu gęstego gel medium. Przykleiłam kilka kawałków papieru i koronki, które pokryłam gesso. Kiedy było jeszcze mokre, posypałam tu i tam proszkiem do embossingu, który po ogrzaniu stworzył ciekawą fakturę. Przy użyciu tuszy kredowych i distress postemplowałam brzegi pracy i wokół miejsca, gdzie planowałam umieścić zdjęcie.
Dodałam też farby "Scarab Beetle" Twinking H2O - delikatnie wokół motyli i lekko przy skrawkach papieru.
I started to build some layers of paper under my photo. The die-cut pediment was covered with a thin layer of Crackle Accents to give more interest.
In the clusters of flowers, the die-cuts leaves are sprayed with pigments mixed with water which give the impression of rain.
I finished my layout by adding stains of "Scarab Beetle" Twinkling H2O.
Pod zdjęciem zbudowałam kilka warstw przy użyciu papieru. Dla urozmaicenia kształt z wykrojnika pokryłam cienką warstwą Crackle Accents.
Wycięte listki posprejowałam pigmentami wymieszanymi z wodą, co dało wrażenie kropel deszczu.
Na zakończenie dodałam jeszcze kilka plam farby "Scarab Beetle".

The photo reminded  me of the wardrobe of Narnia and all the adventures the heroes had, that's why I added the plate labels.
Zdjęcie skojarzyło mi się z szafą z Narnii i przygodami bohaterów tej historii, dlatego dodałam metalowe plakietki.

So, what do you think?
Did we give you a nice nostalgic break from harsh winter (at least here in Europe)? ;)

I jak wam się podoba?
Czy to nie piękny nostalgiczny oddech od zimy za oknem?

Supplies from Mixed Media Place: / Materiały z Mixed Media Place:


2 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.