Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2013-06-24

media without any planning | media bez planu

Today I would like to show you what I do when I completely don't have any idea for my work. What happens then is simply having fun with the media without any planning ahead.
I created these pieces out of bits of paper that were left after making some art works for Collage Caffe (to be seen soon).
Dzisiaj chciałabym pokazać Wam, co robię kiedy zupełnie nie mam pomysłu na pracę. Czysta zabawa mediami bez wcześniejszego planu. Poniższe strony przygotowałam ze ścinków i resztek które zostały mi po wykonaniu prac na zaproszenie Collage Caffe (już wkrótce do zobaczenia tam).


First, I primed my page with gesso and then glued the pieces of paper in an orderly, geometrical way. Then, to make my page more uniform I added one more coat of gesso.
When it dried I painted with gel medium using a mask with circles - gel medium gets transparent after drying.

Na zagruntowaną gessem stronę ponaklejałam ścinki w dość uporządkowany, geometryczny sposób. Żeby ujednolicić naklejone kawałki papieru zagruntowałam je jeszcze raz. Kiedy przeschły przez maskę z kółeczkami nałożyłam medium żelowe – które po wyschnięciu robi się przezroczyste.



Using a soft pencil I highlighted the lines that were created after glueing some more scraps.
Then, I painted with twinkling watercolors to create the illusion of depth and dimension. H2O watercolors shimmer so beautifully thanks to the blend of mica and other minerals.

Potem miękkim ołówkiem podkreśliłam podziały które powstały po naklejeniu kolejnych skrawków .Następnie nakładałam błyszczące akwarele na kolejne płaszczyzny. Starałam się stworzyć miejscami iluzję wypukłości. Akwarelki H2O pięknie się mienią dzięki zawartym w nich pigmentom i mice.



The page was completed with some splashes and stains that I made using tea as my medium.

Pracę dopełniły chlapania i kleksy z herbaty.




I think that even when we don't have any specific idea in mind, it's worth grabbing some paints, glue and scissors and simply see what happens next.

Myślę że nawet kiedy nie mamy pomysłu warto wziąć w ręce farby, klej, nożyczki i zobaczyć co się wydarzy.



Supplies from Mixed Media Place | Materiały ze sklepu Mixed Media Place:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.