Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-08-30

Gdańsk Forever

Have you made any summer souvenirs yet?
We have a super special idea from Anai today...



Today is a very special day for me - the beginning of my vacation. :) I'm going to visit my friends in Berlin and I'm taking a small handmade gift with me, which is quite special.
It's a simple fridge magnet in a shape of a tag, but the special part is that it contains a little bit of the actual sand from the beach from my city - Gdańsk.


I wanted to keep this tag in sea colors - some blue, some green, some turquoise. It's quite easy to play with the colors when you are using Glimmer Mists. :) I love everything shiny and sparkly so I also added a circle with Gloss Gel Medium mixed with glitters. I love this effect so much!


Another special sparkly thing - Twinkling H2O paints. I'm still obsessed with them. They are like watercolors but with a whole bunch of delicate shimmer in it. They are so beautiful...
I used them to make some splashes, to colour the cotton ribbon and even to add some color to the metal embellishments.


You have probably noticed that I always use some dots and pearls in my works. I love all kinds of Liquid Pearls - they are such a nice accent. Here I used a little bit of "Peacock" Liquid Pearls. You can see how vibrant the color is.


And the last thing - the metal flower. There are some special paints for metal (like Vintage Patina) but I actually like to use some other techniques. I covered my flower with a little bit of white acrylic paint and then covered it with Silks. You can mix the colors and blend them together to get very unique effects and new shades. It's a lot of fun!


I hope my little gift will be a special souvenir for my friends. Just to make them remember about this beautiful city on the coast of Poland. Very special and beautiful. :)

Supplies from Mixed Media Place:


4 comments:

  1. une magnifique carte qui fera plaisir à vos amis, j'en suis certaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Tag.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prześliczny tag, kolory zapierają dech!

    ReplyDelete