Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-04-18

Grab Your Scissors and Say Thank You!

There's no better time than now to say thank you to someone special...
How about expressing your gratitude through paper & paints...?



This layout is a special one for me...
The picture in the project is from a necklace or rather a pendant I got from a scrappy friend Cathi O'Neill. Ever since I received this beauty in the mail, it has been constantly hanging around my neck. It's my favorite piece of jewelry and makes me cherish and realize how grateful I must be for having such amazing friends.
So this project is a celebration of friendship and people with same interests!

 
I used warm, neutral color scheme on the papers but made the piece really shine by using golden acrylic paint in the background.


To give it a bit steampunk treatment I stamped a 3rd Eye cog stamp onto the wet paint and then added alcohol inks to the surface.
To match the wooden embellishments with the palette I colored them with Pitt pens. Touches of yellow pigment make the layout even more glimmering.


Lastly, I must say that I got to choose the image for the pendant myself.
When I saw the picture of a crow, it was love at first sight. I've always thought crows and ravens are beautiful and mystical creatures. So I guess the crow in the pendant makes it even more special.


Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, Cathi!

Materials from Mixed Media Place:


No comments:

Post a Comment