Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-03-25

"Rear Window"

“If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, 
then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced."
(Vincent van Gogh)


Today, I'd like to show you a small mixed media canvas.
I'm strongly drawn to painting but I'm a little bit scared, too...
That's why I decided to start small - this canvas is 20x20 cm. and here it is...


First, using gel medium I glued all sorts of materials on the canvas - band-aids, loosely woven canvas, thin aluminium elements and tried to arrange them into a kind of a frame.


When everything dried, I took acrylic paints and mixed them with gel medium. It resulted in paints being more mat and more transparent.


My next step was to make transfers using newspaper bits. I glued them using gel medium again and when dry, I sprayed them with water and rubbing with my finger I took away the paper leaving just the print on my canvas.
I added some touches with Gelatos and used a water brush to gently wash them down.
Finally, I stamped my background with a 3rd Eye stamp and chalk ink.

This is my first small painted canvas and I'm sure it won't be the last one!

Materials from Mixed Media Place:


4 comments:

  1. I do like this, my fear is the mixed media canvas not the paint! I am going to give it a go though.
    I do love how this has turned out. The paint has a lovely soft feel to it.
    Excellent!!

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is so beautiful! I love the canvas. I have noticed that you used some newspaper print... I have just made a tutorial on how to transfer a print the right way round and thought you might like to check it out... http://ingridscraftscorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/tutorial-newspaper-print-transfer-right.html
    Thank you for the inspiration, I love abstract art and yours is just gorgeous, I must be more adventurous and try it myself ;)
    Best wishes, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this different look at artistic work. Fresh air and free space <3

    ReplyDelete