Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-07-20

July challenge


July and August are usually very lazy time. People more often look at the stars. They more often write letters or postcards. They enjoy flowers, lazy mornings, beautiful meadows, landscapes. Everything is brighter and more relaxed. Let yourself enjoy this time and rest as much as you can <3

Our design team created projects inspired by our moodboard. 




Our beautiful board inspired me to use a dark background and pink flowers. I made a canvas about the fantastic power of inspiration and how the world turns into space when we get our favorite materials.









Mixed Media Place supplies:






I was mainly inspired by the central photo and the letters. I used the predominant colors, brown, red and blue and then I thought about the true theme of this page, the letters, the childhood, those letters that we wrote to our friends and in our dreams and hopes ... and this has come out!







I hope it inspires you.

Mixed Media Place supplies:







Hello everyone! Our July moodboard inspired me to dream about the summer house: about how it looks and what is close to it - the sea, forest or meadow .... And I realized that I want all at once)). Also important for me what the house looks like.
I created two tags. When you put them together you get a wall of a house with colorful door and with rich textures.





To create a piece of house of my dream I used many different products of Finnabair studio. Pastes, paints and waxes helped me to create interesting textures, surfaces and to imitate the old surface. Also I added in my work favorite metal embellishments and art ingredients.









Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello everybody,

I'm happy to have an opportunity to show you my version of July's challenge.
I'm sad because I lost my video tutorial during the process of transferring it to my computer, so there will be only the photos today, I am sorry!



I started by applying Texture Paste with a stencil and then covered my frame with a layer of Black Gesso.

Then I chose and adhered my embellishments that I also covered with a layer of Black Gesso.



Next I worked with my waxes that I adore.

I added little pink and navy blue frosted balls, and blue Finnabair glass beads.



Then I started to work with the inner part of my frame. I have used oxides distress inks as well as printed and post-air envelope labels.

A few drops of white gesso and gold ink for a perfect finish!





And that's all, I hope that even without a video tutorial my project appeals to you and inspires you.

Have a nice day and see you soon!

Scrap kisses!

Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until August 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of August.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for September 2018!!

Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome challenge.... So gorgeous DT inspirations.... xoxoxo

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Shukla
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.